Phase-3 - sunday morning services
We will be holding two smaller services with a maximum of 40 attendees at each service. 9:o0am & 10:30am. Each service will last 60 minutes. You will need to register online in order to attend.
To sign-up for a service & register click here - make sure you first select which service & time you want to attend.
1. Stay home if you are sick.
2. You must register online in order to attend a service.
3. Maintain a distance of 6 feet between families.
4. No handshakes or hugs.
5. Children must be able to stay with parents before, during and after the service.
We continue to listen to medical professionals and public health leaders in order to maintain a safety plan that enables us to gather as a church while also demonstrating care and love for our community and neighbours. This won’t be normal church, as we have known it, since we have to operate under some strict guidelines. As much as we would love things to be back to normal, we must continue to move ahead with caution and patience. Our approach is to start slowly, with the hope of loosening restrictions as the situation allows. Congregational singing is a higher-risk activity so we will be doing fewer songs. We will sanitize commonly used surfaces between services. If you are concerned about your health, you are welcome to wear a mask or stay home and watch the live stream. To access our live stream click this link: https://junctioncovenant.com/live-stream. You can also join us live from our YouTube or Facebook page at 9:00am.
The virus that causes COVID-19 spreads in several ways. It mainly spreads in droplets when a person coughs or sneezes. It can also spread if you touch a contaminated surface and then touch your face. The risk of person-to-person transmission increases the closer you come to other people, the more time you spend near them, and the more people you come near.
Before you come to church
• We recognize that some of you may not be comfortable at this stage to return to in-person services. If this is you, please continue to join us for our live stream.
• You must not attend if you are sick. A person is infectious 48 hours prior to onset of symptoms to 10 days after onset of symptoms. Symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache. If you have any symptoms stay home for two weeks before coming to a service.
• In order to keep our services under 40 attendees and to keep us from having to turn people away at the door you will need to register for the service you would like to attend. This will also assist us if someone happens to get sick so we have a list of who was at the service with that person.
• To register for a service click here – for either 9:00 or 10:30am. If you don’t have internet access or are having issues registering, please call the church at (250) 359-5065 and leave a message.
• Children are welcome provided they are able to stay with their parents before, during and after the service. There will be no Sunday school at this time.
• Consider having a cohort group, whereby two cohort families/individuals sit together with sufficient spacing between them and other cohort family/individual groups.
• If we reach our maximum occupancy, we will regrettably have to turn people away. To prevent this you must register online in order to attend a service.
• If you have traveled outside our province or have had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case, please wait 2 weeks before attending a worship service.
When you arrive at church
• Disposable masks are available at the entrance for those who would like one.
• Avoid handshakes, hugs and sharing items outside of family groupings
• Please respect people’s differing levels of concern. Err on the side of caution so as not to add undue stress to someone who may already feel apprehensive about coming.
• Please sanitize hands as you arrive. An automatic hand sanitizer station will be at the main door. If you are unable to use hand sanitizer please proceed to the washroom and wash your hands with soap and water for minimum of 20 seconds.
• Maintain 6ft of distance between you and others who are not part of your immediate family or cohort group. Please enter thru the main doors quickly and move on to the foyer or sanctuary, so others don’t have to wait behind you.
• Try not to crowd the foyer space. If you would like to social distance chat with someone find a spacious area away from traffic flow or preferably talk outside the building.
• Please sit with your household or cohort group and keep at least 6ft between other families/cohort groups.
• Offering: there will be no plate passed during the service. You can continue to give online. We will also have a small box in front of the sound booth that is available to place your offering into before you enter the sanctuary or as you leave.
• Children must sit with their family throughout the service. We will not be having Sunday school this time.
• If you attend the first service please exit the building within 15 minutes to allow for cleaning and transition to the next service. You are welcome to hang around outside and social distance chat.
• We won’t be serving coffee at this time.
• Again, visiting should preferably be done outside and respecting social distancing. Remember we have a community that watches what we do, so it’s important that we respect the guidelines given by the B.C. health authority.